Sandy Springs Wrongful Death Attorney
Your road to recovery begins with a free, no-risk consultation. Call (404) 939-9470 today, or fill out the online form below.
"*" indicates required fields
If you have lost a loved one in a preventable accident caused by another party’s negligence, you have the right to pursue a wrongful death lawsuit. Contact Graham Scofield Injury Lawyers to speak to our skilled Sandy Springs Wrongful Death Attorney in a free consultation.
Why Choose Our Sandy Springs Wrongful Death Lawyer?
- We fiercely advocate for our clients and have recovered millions in compensation on their behalf.
- Our success is based on the time and personal attention we devote to each wrongful death case.
- We understand the severity of your situation and will never charge an upfront fee. We only get paid if you do.
How a Sandy Springs Wrongful Death Attorney Can Help
During such an extremely trying time for your family, the burden of dealing with an insurance company alone can be overwhelming. A Sandy Springs wrongful death attorney can handle every aspect of your case for you. With their experience and thorough understanding of Georgia laws applicable to wrongful death cases, they will be able to negotiate a fair settlement for your family. When advocating on your behalf, they will have your family’s best interests in mind and aggressively fight to ensure the wrongful party is held responsible.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death
Grounds for a wrongful death lawsuit can arise from a wide variety of preventable accidents. However, we commonly represent families who have lost loved ones due to the following causes:
- Car accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Construction accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Incidents of medical malpractice
- Violent crimes
If you are unsure whether the circumstances of your loved one’s death warrant a wrongful death claim, it is best to first consult an attorney. They can help you determine your options for holding the at-fault party responsible.
Available Compensation in a Wrongful Death Claim
Surviving family members of a wrongful death victim have the right to recover compensation for their losses. The types of compensation available vary in each case but often include:
- Medical bills related to the death;
- Funeral, cremation, or burial costs;
- Loss of the victim’s expected wages;
- Loss of benefits;
- Reduction in the inheritance suffered by surviving children;
- Loss of parental guidance;
- Loss of support and services that the victim provided, such as childcare;
- Loss of society, companionship, comfort, guidance, and advice.
- Conscious pain and suffering the deceased endured due to their injuries; and,
- Interest on top of the damages awarded, which are calculated from the date of death.
In some cases, punitive damages may also be awarded to punish the defendant (at-fault party) if their actions were malicious or egregious.
Speak to a Trusted Wrongful Death Attorney in Sandy Springs
Our Sandy Springs wrongful death attorneys at Graham Scofield Injury Lawyers care about the loss of your loved one and your family’s suffering. We will help you hold the wrongful party accountable. To arrange a free consultation to discuss your case and legal options, call 678-940-4453 or send us a message online today.