Marietta Personal Injury Lawyer
Your road to recovery begins with a free, no-risk consultation. Call (404) 939-9470 today, or fill out the online form below.
"*" indicates required fields
If you or a loved one has been involved in a preventable accident that resulted in a severe injury or fatality, it is critical to seek legal advice from a trusted Marietta Personal Injury Lawyer. Graham Scofield Injury Lawyers is a highly respected law firm based in Atlanta, and our team will fight for the compensation you need and deserve. Call 404-939-9470 or request a free consultation online today.
Why Choose Our Marietta Personal Injury Lawyer?
- We are driven to help Marietta injury victims receive fair compensation for their losses.
- We will be with you every step of the way and will ensure your goals are met.
- Everyone deserves an opportunity for justice, which is why we offer our services on a contingency fee basis. We only get paid if you do.
Personal Injury Cases We Handle
Our Marietta Personal Injury Attorneys represent victims of all types of personal injury accidents, including:
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Dangerous Property Conditions
- Workplace Accidents
- Violent Crime
- Defective Products
- Wrongful Death
Why You Need a Marietta Personal Injury Lawyer
A severe injury can mean months away from work to recover while bills pile up. On top of that, you must deal with an insurance company to get the compensation you need for all your injury-related losses. This task can be overwhelming when your life has already been turned upside down. However, with a Marietta personal injury lawyer representing you, every aspect of your case will be taken care of, including all communication and negotiations with insurers. They can also contribute extensive court experience, and knowledge of state personal injury and insurance laws, giving you the best chance at recovering full and fair compensation.
Types of Compensation You Can Recover
Personal injury victims are often entitled to recover the following types of compensation.
- Medical Bills: Current and future costs for any medical care or related expenses.
- Lost Wages: Current and future lost income due to your recovery. This can include diminished earning capacity, which is the difference in the income you can make now compared to before the accident.
- Pain and Suffering: Compensation for the physical and psychological pain and discomfort you have had to endure and will in the future.
- Loss of Enjoyment of Life: Your injuries may prevent you from enjoying the activities you used to do before the accident, such as hobbies, exercising, etc.
Punitive damages may be available, but this type of compensation is typically only awarded in cases involving an at-fault party who exhibited an extreme disregard for the safety of others.
Personal Injury Laws in Marietta
Statute of Limitations
Georgia has a statute of limitations that limits the time personal injury victims in Marietta have to file a claim. In most cases, you have two years from the date of the accident. Filing beyond this deadline will likely result in your case being dismissed and being unable to recover any compensation.
Modified Comparative Negligence
Modified comparative negligence is a law used when determining fault for an accident. Under this system, each party is assigned a percentage of fault that directly impacts how much compensation you can receive from the at-fault party. For example, if you are awarded $100,000 but found 30% at fault for your injuries, you will recover 70% of your award or $70,000. However, if you are found to be 50% or more to blame, you cannot recover any compensation.
Contact Us Today
If you or a loved one has been injured due to another party’s negligence, speak to our Marietta Personal Injury Attorney today. We offer free consultations. Request one online or call 404-939-9470 today.