Many Georgians enjoy riding all-terrain vehicles (ATVs). ATVs must be driven carefully. Otherwise, they can cause serious harm, such as spinal damage, traumatic brain injuries, and even fatalities. If you were injured in an ATV accident, you need to contact an Atlanta ATV accident lawyer.
Our Atlanta vehicle accident lawyers have successfully represented many ATV accident victims. We’ll deliver the best customer service and the greatest result. Our prior victories and our 5-star client reviews validate that promise.
Call us today at (404) 939-9470. Also, you may fill-out our online contact form to schedule a free case review with an Atlanta ATV accident lawyer. If you’ve got questions, we’ve got the answers.
ATV Accidents We Handle
Our ATV accident lawyers handle the following ATV and dirt bike accidents:
- ATV Collisions
- ATV Rollover Accidents
- Defective ATV Accidents
- Defective Dirt Bike Accidents
- Dirt Bike Crashes
- Utility terrain vehicle (UTV) Accidents
ATV Accident Risks
The following risk factors contribute to people being seriously injured in ATV accidents:
- No seatbelts: ATVs and dirt bikes typically don’t have seat belts. Therefore, their riders are usually unrestrained. When a rider is unrestrained, they are easily ejected when the ATV or dirt bike collides with an object.
- No safety gear: ATV and dirt bike riders should wear appropriate safety gear, including a helmet. However, many riders forgo helmets, gloves, jackets, pants, or boots. Those unsafe choices increase the risk of road rash and other soft tissue injuries.
- Inexperience: Many novices enjoy riding ATVs because they’re easier to control than motorcycles. In fact, some families even permit young children to ride ATVs and dirt bikes. Children are often unable to safely control the vehicle’s speed. They also struggle to make evasive maneuvers.
- No licensing requirement: Georgia doesn’t require ATV operators to earn a license before they operate an ATV. As a result, many ATV riders don’t know how to safely operate an ATV.
- Heavy machinery: People that ride ATVs are often unaware that ATVs are very heavy. Most ATVs weigh at least 350 pounds. Some even weigh up to 550 pounds. Thus, if an ATV strikes someone it can cause serious injuries.
Common Causes of Dirt Bike and ATV Accidents
At Graham Scofield Injury Lawyers, we typically litigate ATV and dirt bike accidents that were caused by one of the following factors:
- Carrying a passenger on a single occupant ATV
- Driving on paved roads with off-road tires
- Driving in heavy traffic
- Failing to keep a proper lookout
- Inadequate vehicle maintenance
- Inexperienced drivers
- Intoxicated driving
- Reckless driving
- Riding off of the intended trail
- Unsafe turns
ATV Accident Injury Types
The most common TV and dirt bike injuries dirt include:
Many ATV accidents cause brain trauma. In fact, even moderate concussions often cause long-term physical or cognitive problems. If you or a loved one suffered a serious injury in an ATV accident that wasn’t your fault, you should call an Atlanta ATV accident lawyer.
Fatal ATV Accidents
According to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), there were 337 ATV-related fatalities in 2016. Approximately 44% of those fatality victims were young children.
Our Atlanta ATV accident lawyers have represented many wrongful death victims’ families. We’ll figure out how your loved one died. Next, we’ll explain your rights. Then, we’ll help you recover wrongful death damages.
Who’s Responsible for an Atlanta ATV Crash or Dirt Bike Accident?
If a reckless ATV driver injured you, you can sue that driver for damages. If the driver didn’t cause the accident, you might be able to sue the property owner if they failed to maintain the trail. However, if you didn’t have permission to ride on the owner’s property, it may be difficult to successfully sue the owner.
Our Atlanta ATV Accident Lawyers Can Help You
If you are hurt or a loved one passed away from a crash, you should call our Atlanta ATV accident lawyers from Graham Scofield Injury Lawyers ASAP. We’ll help you recover the compensation that you deserve, including:
- Medical expenses
- Lost income
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Disability and/or disfigurement.
Also, if your family lost a loved one, we can help you recover wrongful death damages.
Call us today at (404) 939-9470. Also, you may fill-out our online contact form to schedule a free case review with an Atlanta ATV accident lawyer.