Marietta Car Accident Attorney
Your road to recovery begins with a free, no-risk consultation. Call (404) 939-9470 today, or fill out the online form below.
"*" indicates required fields
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a collision in Marietta, Graham Scofield Injury Lawyers will help you hold the at-fault party accountable. Call our office today at (404) 939-9470 or contact us online to arrange a free consultation.
Why Choose Our Marietta Car Accident Lawyer?
- We have helped thousands of car accident victims recover the compensation they deserve.
- We strive to deliver the best customer service and the most favorable outcome to each car accident case.
- We will make sure your story is heard, and the wrongful party is held accountable.
Why You Need a Car Accident Lawyer
Georgia is a fault state when it comes to car accidents, which means an at-fault party is responsible for paying for any property damage and injuries they cause. Therefore, it is critical to have solid evidence of liability to ensure that the correct party is held accountable. If the at-fault party can successfully blame you for contributing to or causing the accident entirely, your compensation can be drastically reduced or eliminated. A Marietta Car Accident Lawyer can help you avoid this situation. With their experience, knowledge of case law, and resources, they will ensure you have the evidence you need and will fight for you to receive a fair settlement or award.
What Kinds of Compensation Can I Recover After a Car Accident in Marietta?
After a car accident in Marietta, you have the right to demand that the at-fault party provide compensation for your injuries and other collision-related losses. Some of the types of compensation commonly available include but are not limited to:
- Medical Expenses: Current and future expenses, such as emergency care, surgeries, hospitalizations, doctor appointments, physical therapy, and any other medical needs.
- Lost Wages: The wages you would have earned at your job had you not been injured in a crash now and in the future.
- Property Damage: Repairs to or the replacement of your vehicle and any other personal items damaged in the crash.
- Pain and Suffering: Compensation for the physical pain and mental suffering caused by the accident and your injuries.
In cases that involve egregious or malicious conduct, Georgia courts may also award punitive damages to punish the defendant (at-fault party).
What To Do After a Car Accident in Marietta
There are critical steps to take after a car accident in Marietta:
- Stay at the scene and call 9-1-1 to get medical assistance if you or anyone involved is hurt.
- If no one requires emergency medical care, still call the police so a report can be filed. (A police report can be vital to proving liability)
- Do not move vehicles or injured persons unless you absolutely must due to safety concerns.
- Take photos & videos for evidence.
- Exchange information with all drivers involved and any witnesses.
- Seek medical care as soon as possible and continue any ongoing treatment recommended by your doctor.
- Contact your insurance company to report the accident.
Lastly, speak to a Marietta car accident attorney as soon as possible for advice and to discuss the best course of action.
We Can Help
You have legal options if you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident. Our Marietta Car Accident Attorneys can help you recover the compensation you and your family needs. Contact us online or call (404) 939-9470 to schedule your free consultation.