Attorney Graham Scofield to Speak at National Business Institute Event
On November 8, 2019 attorney Graham Scofield will be a speaker at the National Business Institute’s event on litigating slip, trip, and fall cases in Georgia. The event will be held at Cobb Galleria Centre in Atlanta, GA. The session is meant to be a basic-to-intermediate level legal guide on slip, trip, and fall litigation tactics and will provide the following information for attendees:
- Hear plaintiff and defense litigation tactics from both sides of the table focusing specifically on one of the most highly litigated injuries.
- Get an overview of the laws governing slip, trip and fall cases, as well as state and federal building standards and codes.
- Define “dangerous conditions” and explore the extent of the property owner’s duty to warn.
- Find out what to look for in medical records and witness reports to demonstrate injury and quantify damages.
- Find additional sources of recovery with a careful look at insurance coverage involved in the case.
- Gain practical expert witness tips relating specifically to slip, trip and fall cases.
- Get steps to quickly distinguish viable cases from time wasters.
- Learn how to handle Medicare set-asides and other third-party liens in slip, trip and fall cases.
- Find out key settlement strategies and trial tactics, including tips for negotiating with insurance companies and presenting damages.
To learn more, please visit the National Business Institute’s page about the event.